The 92nd Oscars to be Produced by Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allen
Oscar-nominated producer Lynette Howell Taylor and producer Stephanie Allain will produce the 92nd Oscars, Academy President David Rubin announced today. It will be their first involvement with the Oscars, which airs live on the ABC Television Network and broadcast outlets worldwide on Sunday, February 9, 2020.
"The combined producing talents of Lynette and Stephanie will bring dynamism and excitement to the 92nd Oscars show," said Academy President David Rubin. "Their vast production experience ranges from groundbreaking independent film to global blockbuster. We look forward to collaborating with them to bring an unforgettable Oscars event to movie fans around the world."
"We have both watched the Oscars for as long as we can remember, and to be given the opportunity to produce the show is a dream," said Howell Taylor and Allain. "It's an honor and a thrill to join forces to deliver an entertaining show that celebrates the artistry of this year's best films."
"How thrilling to have both Lynette and Stephanie leading our Oscars production team," said Academy CEO Dawn Hudson. "I have every confidence that they will deliver a high-caliber performance."
"We have our first win this Oscars season and it's having Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allain produce our biggest live event of the year," said Karey Burke, president, ABC Entertainment. "Lynette and Stephanie have impeccable taste, are at the top of their field, and have such a distinct and wonderful way of captivating audiences with storytelling that is compelling, creative and filled with superstars. We can't wait to see their imagination come to life on the grandest, most coveted stage in Hollywood."
Howell Taylor earned a Best Picture Oscar nomination for A Star Is Born (2018). She has produced more than 20 movies in the last 15 years, including The Accountant, Captain Fantastic, Big Eyes, The Place beyond the Pines, Blue Valentine, and Half Nelson. Her television credits include the HBO limited series I Know This Much Is True. Howell Taylor is the founder of 51 Entertainment, a filmmaker-driven production company.
A champion for diverse voices in cinema, Allain is best known for launching the careers of directors John Singleton, Robert Rodriguez, Craig Brewer, Sanaa Hamri and Justin Simien. Her film and television credits include Hustle & Flow and Dear White People. Allain's company, Homegrown Pictures, produces content by and about women and people of color. She served as director of the Los Angeles Film Festival, is a founding ambassador of ReFrame, and serves on the Board of Women in Film.
The 92nd Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 9, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
- 6/13'No Time to Die' to Open 5 Days Earlier on November 20
- 6/12'Bill & Ted Face the Music' Release Date Moved Up a Week
- 6/12Universal Pictures Postpones 'BIOS' to 2021
- 6/12Robert Zemeckis' 'The Witches' Taken Off Release Schedule
- 6/12'Tom & Jerry' Release Pushed to March 2021
- 6/12'Greenland' Release Date Moved to August 14
- 6/12'The Matrix 4' Release Delayed Until 2022
- 6/12'Godzilla vs. Kong' Release Pushed to 2021
- 6/12'Wonder Woman 1984' Release Delayed Until October 2
- 6/12'Unhinged' Release Date Moved to July 10
- 6/12'Tenet' Release Pushed Two Weeks to July 31
- 6/12'The King of Staten Island' Pulled from Theaters
- 6/12'Everybody's Talking About Jamie' Theatrical Release Postponed Three Months to January 2021
- 6/12Fox Searchlight's 'The Personal History of David Copperfield' to Open in Theaters on August 14
- 6/12Amazon Studios Sets June 26 Premiere Date for 'My Spy'
- 6/12'The One and Only Ivan' to Skip Theaters and Premiere on Disney+
- 6/11Apple TV+ Sets July 10 Premiere Date for 'Greyhound'
- 6/11STX Sets July 31 Release Date for 'Greenland'
- 6/11IFC Films Picks Up Domestic Distribution Rights for 'Blithe Spirit'
- 6/9Lionsgate Picks Up U.S. Distribution Rights for 'Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs'
- 6/9'The King of Staten Island' to Open in Select Theaters
- 6/9Sony Pictures Announces July 10 Theatrical Release for 'The Broken Hearts Gallery'
- 6/8Gravitas Ventures Picks Up 'Babysplitters' for July 31 Release
- 6/8Blumhouse's 'You Should Have Left' to Premiere on PVOD on June 19
- 4/13Disney's 'Raya and the Last Dragon' Postponed to 2021
- 4/13Pixar's 'Soul' Delayed Until November
- 11/15The 92nd Oscars to be Produced by Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allen
- 11/12159 Documentary Features Face Off In 2019 Oscar Race
- 10/1632 Animated Features Contend for 2019 Oscar