32 Animated Features Contend for 2019 Oscar
Thirty-two features have been submitted for consideration in the Animated Feature Film category for the 92nd Academy Awards.
The submitted features, listed in alphabetical order, are:
The Addams Family
The Angry Birds Movie 2
Another Day of Life
Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles
Children of the Sea
Dilili in Paris
Genndy Tartakovsky's ‘Primal'Tales of Savagery
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
I Lost My Body
The Last Fiction
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
Marona's Fantastic Tale
The Secret Life of Pets 2
Spies in Disguise
The Swallows of Kabul
This Magnificent Cake!
Toy Story 4
Upin & Ipin: The Lone Gibbon Kris
Weathering with You
Several of the films have not yet had their required Los Angeles seven-day qualifying run. Submitted features must fulfill the theatrical release requirements and comply with all of the category's other qualifying rules before they can advance in the nominations voting process. To determine the five nominees, members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch are automatically eligible to vote in the category. Academy members outside of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch are invited to opt-in to participate and must meet a minimum viewing requirement to be eligible to vote in the category.
Films submitted in the Animated Feature Film category also qualify for Academy Awards in other categories, including Best Picture.
Nominations for the 92nd Academy Awards will be announced on Monday, January 13, 2020.
The 92nd Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 9, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
- 6/13'No Time to Die' to Open 5 Days Earlier on November 20
- 6/12'Bill & Ted Face the Music' Release Date Moved Up a Week
- 6/12Universal Pictures Postpones 'BIOS' to 2021
- 6/12Robert Zemeckis' 'The Witches' Taken Off Release Schedule
- 6/12'Tom & Jerry' Release Pushed to March 2021
- 6/12'Greenland' Release Date Moved to August 14
- 6/12'The Matrix 4' Release Delayed Until 2022
- 6/12'Godzilla vs. Kong' Release Pushed to 2021
- 6/12'Wonder Woman 1984' Release Delayed Until October 2
- 6/12'Unhinged' Release Date Moved to July 10
- 6/12'Tenet' Release Pushed Two Weeks to July 31
- 6/12'The King of Staten Island' Pulled from Theaters
- 6/12'Everybody's Talking About Jamie' Theatrical Release Postponed Three Months to January 2021
- 6/12Fox Searchlight's 'The Personal History of David Copperfield' to Open in Theaters on August 14
- 6/12Amazon Studios Sets June 26 Premiere Date for 'My Spy'
- 6/12'The One and Only Ivan' to Skip Theaters and Premiere on Disney+
- 6/11Apple TV+ Sets July 10 Premiere Date for 'Greyhound'
- 6/11STX Sets July 31 Release Date for 'Greenland'
- 6/11IFC Films Picks Up Domestic Distribution Rights for 'Blithe Spirit'
- 6/9Lionsgate Picks Up U.S. Distribution Rights for 'Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs'
- 6/9'The King of Staten Island' to Open in Select Theaters
- 6/9Sony Pictures Announces July 10 Theatrical Release for 'The Broken Hearts Gallery'
- 6/8Gravitas Ventures Picks Up 'Babysplitters' for July 31 Release
- 6/8Blumhouse's 'You Should Have Left' to Premiere on PVOD on June 19
- 4/13Disney's 'Raya and the Last Dragon' Postponed to 2021
- 4/13Pixar's 'Soul' Delayed Until November
- 11/15The 92nd Oscars to be Produced by Lynette Howell Taylor and Stephanie Allen
- 11/12159 Documentary Features Face Off In 2019 Oscar Race
- 10/1632 Animated Features Contend for 2019 Oscar